Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yarmuth gettng help from Google?

Now I realize that Mr. Yarmuth is not behind this, but lets look at something.
I run this blog and tried to buy ads on Google for my Pro Northup Blog on Google. 24 hours later the ads have not shown. YET a PRO Yarmuth Blog is showing up #3 on Google when you type in Northup for Congress.
Type in any Northup combination and you will find ONLY Pro Yarmuth ads on Google and no Pro Northup ads.
Type in Yarmuth for Congress as I have and nothing derogatory for him.
Coincidence? OR is the liberal bent of Google being used to promote their agenda?
Guess I need to take a serious look at some of the other races, but I find it strange that I have bid higher than anyone else for the terms and yet NO advertising shows up on Google for Northup's side of the issues, and I can not BUY ads for my own blog.
Google has been accused in the past of such tactics and of course pissing on the Electrified fence is NOT a good idea, but sometimes you got to go after the fence.
Jim Dicken

2 comments:

Rob said...

Jim, I suggest you do some research on how search engines and Google's ad system work.

There is no vast leftist conspiracy, but rather a simple understanding of how to work a search engine in your favor.

And it was all done without paying a dime!

Jim Dicken said...

I was attempting to PAY for ads. I have used Google in the past and ads were approved in less than an hour. Paid ads are NOT part of the search engine scheme you are talking about. I own a #1 ranked guide directory and have been #1 for 5 years. I have built sites for other guides that are highly ranked. This was NOT ABOUT GOOGLE search results but about Google not posting advertisements for my blog, and posting sites that were opposing Northup without the SANDBOX..and it does exist.
I did not say it was a Vast left wing conspiracy. It WAS a direct attempt to help Democratic Candidates by Google. It has happened on a regular basis in the past. This time however I was a victim of it.